A cocktail of history and eco-tourism, this package includes the old colonial city of Granada, the Masaya National park and active volcano, as well Ometepe Island. This program can start from Peñas Blancas border, perfect when combing with Costa Rica.
Pick up at the International airport in Managua or the border between Costa Rica and Nicaragua, Peñas Blancas. Transfer to Granada for your first night in Nicaragua.
Granada is the oldest colonial city on the Isthmus; that heritage adds to the charm and character of the place today. Today’s Granada is a delightful town, it’s streets are lined with Spanish-style houses with large wooden doors opening onto cool interior patios. Walk around the city on your own and enjoy delicious dinner at “ La Calzada”.
Morning tour of Colonial Granada, founded in 1524. Sights visited include the San Francisco convent and Church as well as seeing archaeological treasures from Isla Zapatera, a primitive art exhibit and historical display at La Polvora Fort. Evening tour to observe Masaya Volcano, which is still an active volcano.
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 2 nights’ accommodation at Patio Malinche with breakfast
- 2 nights’ accommodation at San Juan de la Isla with breakfast
- Regular tours as per itnerary
- International flights into Central America
- Domestic flights within Central America
- Any item not listed in the inclusions or mentioned in the itineray