The Atacama may be the driest desert in the world but it is rich in landscapes, unique formations and an unparalleled sense of mystery. salt flats, canyons, geological formations, Inca ruins, adobe houses and archaeological museums are just some of the attractions to be found here.
Awasi is situated inside an ancient site surrounded by a historic wall, which for years housed shepherds and herders. Its privileged location just a stone’s throw from the center of town makes it possible to enjoy “town life”. We invite you to visit the church, the museum, the fair, the picturesque local stores and get to know the people.
This new boutique lodge offers an exceptional level of service and detail for lodging in the middle of this great desert. With only 8 suites, each with private patios, sitting rooms and sundeck as well as a bathroom that allows for open air showers.
We design tailor-made outings. At Awasi, excursions are private, exclusive, and are programmed according to your preferences and pace. Your private guide will help you to plan your trips and will accompany you during your stay. You can choose full- or half-day trips.
We offer easy strolls or intense treks for the more adventurous, horse-back riding, bicycle rides, visits to archaeological sites, visits to the salt flats, Altiplano lagoons or villages hidden among the deep valleys. You can get up at dawn to go and see the geysers and relax in the thermal pools. Bird watching or an evening astronomic tour with local guides are some of the experiences you can organize during your stay at Awasi.
Please contact us for full excursion descriptions.
We believe that exploring and traveling with your family is an important life experience. To share the emotion of adventures and excursions and enjoy the pleasures the hotel offers. To make the trip an unforgettable learning experience for the younger ones, there is a travel log where they can write down their impressions of Awasi and Atacama.
- Transfers: Private transfers from and to Calama´s airport.
- Lodging: Excellence in lodging on exclusive and private rooms.
- Meals: A culinary experience on our Relais & Chateaux Restaurant featuring the best local ingredients. Tell us your requirements.
- Beverages: Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including a great selection of Chilean wines. Open bar included.
- Private Excursions: A 4×4 vehicle and a private guide to design the excursions that best suit your preferences and interests.
- Airport entrance/departure taxes
- International airfares
- Travel insurance and any items not mentioned as included. ** Please ask for Christmas and New Year Rates **