Full of spirit, music and traditions from Africa, Salvador da Bahia is the soul of Brazil. Often referred to just as ‘Bahia’, it is the third largest city in Brazil and stands on the magnificent Bahia de Todos los Santos, a sparkling bay dotted with 38 islands. There is plenty to explore here; walk the cobblestone streets to see the recently restored Pelourinho district with its brightly coloured buildings and beautiful Baroque churches scattered throughout. There as are also picturesque white sandy beaches.
Immerse yourself in the fascinating fusion of African and Amerindian cultures that gave birth to the captivating martial art form “Capoeira” or experience a candomble ritual where participants become ‘possessed’ by African deities.
- 3 Nights accommodation at selected hotel
- Half day African oriented city tour
- Return airport transfers
- Any international flight into South America
- Any internal flights within South America
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions or listed in the itinerary