Due to its position as the capital of the Inca dynasty, contemporary Cuzco, a city of 3200 metres above sea level, is a showcase of several different cultures: Pre-Inca, Inca, Colonial and Republican. Once an administrative, military and holy city, it is now the oldest inhabited city of the Americas.
Ruins, temples, churches and mansions make this a memorable destination, full of history and culture.
The Inca’s most sacred building in Cuzco, the Korikancha Ruins (Temple of the Sun), today forms part of the Spanish church of Santo Domingo. Cuzco is the gateway to Machu Picchu (the legendary ‘Lost City of the Incas’), the famed Sacred Valley of the Incas, to the Pisac and Ollantaytambo markets, the rainforests of Manu and Tambopata and to Lake Titicaca, birthplace of the Inca.
This fantastic Cuzco to Machu Picchu Tour will take you through the highlights from Cuzco on route to Machu Picchu with meal inclusions* and guided tours.
Program may be adjusted to work around market days and train availability
- 4 nights accommodation at selected hotels
- Excursions and entrance fees
- Return economy train – Vistadome Class
- Meals as per itinerary (B) Breakfast, (L) Lunch
- Knowledgeable bilingual guides
- Return airport transfers
- International flights into South America
- Any items not listed in the inclusions or mentioned in the itinerary