Join us on this incredible journey as we follow the footsteps of Charles Darwin in the Galapagos Islands and immerse ourselves in the Inca culture and civilisation in Peru.
Witness the breath taking bio diversity of the Galapagos Islands, home to the highest number of endemic species found nowhere else in the world. Swim with the sea lions; snorkel with white-tipped reef sharks, marine turtles and penguins; observe the Galapagos Giant Tortoise in the wild and observe the volcanic landscape on Bartolome Island.
Peru is a country with some of the most spectacular and varied scenery in South America. We will explore the wonderful sights and culture of the Sacred Valley and learn about the traditional customs and ancestral weaving techniques of an indigenous community. From the Sacred Valley we will board the Vistadome train to the legendary ‘Lost City of the Inca’s’; more well known as Machu Picchu. The tour ends with a memorable visit to Cuzco – The capital city of the ancient Inca civilisation. Cuzco is a showcase of several different cultures, Pre-Inca, Inca, Colonial and Republican thus providing us with a huge variety of ruins, temples, churches and mansions, all making this an unforgettable destination.
Explore Puerto Ayora’s Bay Exploration navigating La Loberia Island a snorkelling hotspot for sea turtles, colourful fish and inquisitive sea lions. Hike to Túnel del Amor (lover’s tunnel) for breathtaking views. On return visit Punta Estrada’s dock to observe marine iguanas.
OPTIONAL ALTERNATIVE EXPERIENCE Garrapatero Beach, Charles Darwin Research Station & Artisan visits
Head to Chinchero to visit PARWA Centre, Chinchero Church and Incan ruins. Stop at Racchi Viewpoint for spectacular views of the Sacred Valley. After lunch head to Ollantaytambo to explore the town and fortress of the same name. Afternoon train to Machu Picchu. Overnight at your choice of hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu).
- Flights ex SYD/MEL/BNE/ADL/AKL in economy class
- All internal flights based on LATAM air-pass
- Accommodation in Tourist superior/First class hotels with private facilities
- Meals as indicated (10 breakfast, 3 Lunches, 1 dinner)
- English speaking local guides
- Comprehensive sightseeing and excursions
- Any items not listed in the inclusions and the itinerary
- Emergency Assistance with our local operator
- Airport taxes and fuel surcharges (approx $420 pp)
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee
- Tourist Transit Card
- Any items not listed in the inclusions or mentioned in the itinerary
- Optional tours and activities for an added cost:
- Garrapatero Beach, Charles Darwin Research Station & Artisan visits
- Sacsayhuaman and nearby archaeological sites