Belizean culture blends Hispanic, African and West Indian elements with its own traditions to form a uniquely colorful and friendly society. Belize is an exciting holiday destination for nature lovers and archaeology buffs. Its Barrier Reef, dubbed an “underwater wonder of the world”, is an irresistible temptation for snorkelers, divers and marine biologists from around the world. Some 200 small cayes along the coastline offer beautiful sandy beaches and crystal blue water.
Its virgin jungle holds the world’s only Jaguar Preserve and is home to over 500 species of birds. Within its area of 8,864 square miles, Belize has over 600 known sites of ancient civilizations, many of which are easily accessible.
Journey back to Belize City en route the Cave Branch archeological reserve, where the river flows though five different cave once inhabited by the Mayans. A short walk through the rainforest takes you to the entrance of the caves from where you will float on inner tube and admire the intricate limestone formations. After lunch return to Belize city.
- Accommodation at selected hotels
- Excursions as per itinerary with an English speaking guide
- Transportation in private vehicles
- Meals as indicated (B) Breakfast, (L) Lunch, (D) Dinner
- International flights into Central America
- Any internal flights within Central America
- Any items not listed in the inclusions or mentioned in the itinerary