Let us take you on our “Must-See South America” highlights tour that guides you through the most iconic and unforgettable places in South America. Discover the beauty and romance of the tango, when you visit the cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires. You will be captivated by this fascinating city, the “Paris” of South America. Experience the force of nature as you walk along the many paths of the majestic Iguazu falls, before travelling to Rio de Janeiro, the city of samba, beautiful beaches and the world famous statue of Christ the Redeemer. Be captivated by Cuzco the capital city of the ancient Inca civilisation, the picturesque Sacred Valley, the memorable ruins of Machu Picchu and the beautiful Lake Titicaca. Discover the witch’s market in La Paz before visiting Santiago, set amongst the Andes Mountains.
Being an Independent Tour we are happy to tailor this itinerary to give you the perfect holiday!
Half day city tour of the stylish capital, Buenos Aires, whose architecture and boulevards are influenced by a European heritage. Visit the bohemian street market of La Boca, the tango barrio of San Telmo and the famous Recoleta cemetery, home to the resting place of Eva Peron. In the evening, experience the tango in all its glory and sample the succulent local beef with a dinner and show.
Transfer to airport for your flight to Iguazu Falls. Transfer to hotel.
The Iguazu Falls. This is the region of great rivers, humid tropics, red earth and magnificent jungle. Just 18kms from Puerto Iguazu you enter the National Park of the same name where the famous falls sit. The deep flowing waters of the river fall from heights of 70 metres through 275 falls spread over 2.7 kms. The frontier with Brazil goes through the Garganta del Diablo (Devil’s Throat) where the falling water gives the illusion of magic rainbows. The national park is full of exotic subtropical vegetation which surounds the falls and has 2000 plant species – gigantic trees, ferns, lianas, orchids – 400 birds species – parrots, colibris, toucans – jaguars and yacares (caimans).
A visit to these falls is a truly unforgettable experience.
Tour to the Brazilian side of the falls, for panoramic views of the 275 falls spanning nearly 3 kilometres and running along the border of Brazil and Argentina. Transfer to the airport. Fly to one of the most lively cities in the world, Rio De Janeiro. On arrival, transfer to your hotel.
- All internal flights (based on the LATAM Airpass) within South America
- Accommodation in selected class hotels with private facilities
- Meals as indicated (20 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners)
- Return economy Vistadome train to Machu Picchu
- First class catamaran journey across Lake Titicaca
- Transport by air conditioned vehicles
- Comprehensive sightseeing and excursions
- Meeting service and airport transfers
- English speaking local guides
- Air Taxes (taxes invoiced as tickets are issued – approx $385p.p)
- Surcharges apply for Easter, New Years, Rio Carnival.
- International airfares arriving/departing South America