This whirlwind tour takes you through the most memorable sights of one of the continent’s spectacular destinations. Tour through ancient civilizations, the natural marvel that is Iguazu Falls, and the fantastic scenery and spirit of two of South America’s most beautiful cities; colourful Rio de Janeiro and sophisticated Buenos Aires in a little more than two quick weeks.
Start your two-day trip to the unforgettable ruins of Machu Picchu with a train journey through spectacular mountain scenery. On arrival at Aguas Calientes town, shuttle bus to the mountain where you will be guided through this beautiful forgotten citadel, home of an incredibly advanced civilisation.
Today get in touch with the heart and soul of the city on a open jeep tour exploring the most iconic landmarks of this exhilarating city. Visit the Tijuca forest, Corcovado mountain, Christ the Redeemer statue, Sugar Loaf mountain, for splendid views of the city and Guanabara bay, and finish at the beautiful Botanical Gardens.
Free day to explore the city or relax by the beach. Tonight discover Rio’s nightlife at ‘Rio Scenarium’, home to a collection of furniture and antiques turned into works of art. Taste the particularly moreish porções (finger food platters) while listening to fabulous live music from the cream of Brazil’s musicians.
Today you will take a guided walk along the many trails on the Argentine side of the falls, including a small train journey to the Devil’s Throat, the impressive point through which the most water flows through this magnificent cascade. Afternoon transfer to the airport, fly to Buenos Aires.
Half day tour of South America’s stylish capital, Buenos Aires, whose architecture and boulevards are influenced by a strong European heritage. Visit the bohemian street market of La Boca, the tango barrio of San Telmo and the famous Recoleta cemetery, home to the resting place of Eva Peron. In the evening you will be taken to feast on some succulent Argentine beef and be treated to a lively dinner and tango show.
- All internal flights based on LATAM air-pass which requires arrival into South America with LATAM. If using another carrier, price will different.
- Accommodation in selected hotels with private facilities
- Meals as indicated (14 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners)
- Return economy Vistadome train to Machu Picchu
- Transport by air conditioned vehicles
- Comprehensive sightseeing and excursions
- Meeting service and airport transfers
- English speaking local guides
- Airport taxes and fuel surcharges (approx $267 pp)
- Surcharges apply for Easter, New Years & Rio Carnival
- Any items not mentioned as included