The small coastal village of Paraty is a virtual museum within a tropical paradise. It is located 125 miles southwest of Rio and features classical 18th century Portuguese colonial buildings, which are listed as national historical monuments. In the early 1700’s Paraty was the second most important port in the country, where Mina Gerais State gold was painstakingly transported over the mountains to Paraty and then shipped to Portugal, until a better route was established north of Rio, leaving Paraty as it is today. Paraty has become a major international destination for the sophisticated international tourist.
- 3 Nights accommodation at selected hotel
- Half day city tour
- Return private transfer to and from Rio de Janeiro
- Daily breakfast
- Any international flights into South America
- Any internal flights within South America
- Any items not listed in the inclusions or mentioned in the itinerary