This tour takes you on a journey back in time discovering the ruins of one of the most advanced civilisations in the world whilst offering a glimpse of everyday life during ancient times.
Mexico City, known as ‘Tenochtitlan’ amongst the Aztecs, is the metropolis heart of the ancient Aztec civilisation serving as a city and religious epicentre. It is here that you’ll find majestic Teotihuacán an area filled with mysterious and complex pyramids with discoveries still being unearthed today. Explore the tranquil Mayan ruins of Palenque set in the jungle before spending a day among the beautifully carved and decorated pyramids of Uxmal and Kabah. You will end your journey seeing the of complex pyramids of Chichen Itza – one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
Daily Departure – Minimum 2 people
City tour including major sights such as Zocalo, the National Palace, the Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral, ruins of Templo Mayor and Paseo de la Reforma. Afternoon visits to the ‘Shrine of Guadalupe’ and the archaeological site of Teotihuacan with its impressive Aztec pyramids of the Sun, Moon and Quetzalcoatl.
- 7 nights accommodation at selected hotels
- Transfers, tours with English speaking guides and entrance fees
- Meals as indicated in itinerary (B) Breakfast, (L) Lunch
- Daily Departure – Minimum 2 people
- International and domestic flights into and within South America
- Any items not listed in the inclusions or mentioned in the itinerary