The Jaguar House Boat provides the perfect base to explore the largest wetlands in South America, the Pantanal – the home of the elusive jaguar. The floating hotel features 9 air-conditioned cabins with en-suite and hot shower, an air-conditioned dining room and a panoramic deck will make your experience even more enjoyable. The river safaris along the river banks, bays and beaches of the Paraguay river offers endless opportunities to encounter the most exotic of wildlife: giant river otter, Brazilian tapir, countless bird species, caiman, the rare anaconda and the king of the tropical forest, the jaguar.
Departs: Wednesdays (July to October)
A full day boat safari along the channels of the Taiama reserve, searching for jaguars. This region is one of the best wildlife sanctuaries in Brazil with the highest density of jaguars in the entire Pantanal, offering a great opportunity to see this beautiful feline and to learn about its habitat, hunting and mating behaviour.
After breakfast spend the morning cruising the Paraguay river and its channels in search of jaguars, giant river otters, primates and many bird species. Enjoy lunch on the house boat and relax to the soothing sounds of the rainforest. Afternoon boat safari, keep an eye out for the giant anteater, tapir, marsh deer and the rare Hyacinth Macaw.
- Return airport transfers to/from Cuiaba airport
- Accommodation at the Jaguar House Boat floating hotel
- Meals as specified (B) Breakfast, (L) Lunch, (D) Dinner
- Boat Safaris with a Naturalist bilingual guide
- Any international into South America
- Any domestic flights within South America
- Any items not listed in the inclusions or mentioned in the itinerary